On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 I headed to Blind Tiger Ale House for an epic Sixpoint Brewery (Brooklyn, NY) event called The Eighth Coming. In addition, to being the brewery’s first big event since its recovery from Hurricane Sandy this was the 8th time that Blind Tiger had hosted Sixpoint Brewery for one of its Wednesday night events. Having been informed via twitter that Sixpoint’s Jeff Gorlechen would be in attendance, I ordered a glass of 3 Beans Baltic Porter and introduced myself to him. Then after finding a seat at the bar and taking my first few sips of the beer; Jeff and I sat down at a nearby table to chat about recent events and happenings (beers etc.) at the brewery.
The following topics are discussed in this podcast episode:
- The Eighth Coming event @ Blind Tiger Ale House
- Damage caused to Sixpoint Brewery by Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath
- Coming back from storm and beginning to brew again
- Good will of NYC beer community after Sandy (increased sales etc.)
- Which beers are brewed in northeastern PA and which are brewed in Brooklyn?
- The inspiration behind Sixpoint’s latest collaboration beer: 3 Beans Baltic Porter
- Formulation of special release / tap only beers and benefits of the brewery’s increased capacity
- What does Sixpoint Brewery bring / add to the NYC craft beer scene?
- Some upcoming beers and an inside scoop on 2013 seasonal beers