On Thursday, November 14, 2013 I went to Blind Tiger Ale House for yet another amazing brewery tap takeover event. This time Allagash Brewing Company (Portland, Maine) brought some of their most sought after / limited release beers for all to enjoy. Being that lots of brewers were in town that week for the Union Beer Distributors annual trade show and tasting, Allagash’s founder Rob Tod was scheduled to be at this event…So after he arrived and settled in we stepped outside for an interview. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed conducting / filming it. Cheers!
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- Recent growth at Allagash: New brewhouse etc.
- Origins and growth of Curieux – Allagash’s bourbon barrel aged Belgain tripel.
- Brewing and aging process of wild ales @ Allagash.
- Future distribution of wild ales.
- Recent growth of the Maine craft beer scene
- Rob’s view of the NYC craft beer scene
- Rob’s view on the rapid growth of craft beer
Please support The Brewed Palate’s Sponsors: