After hearing about and seeing so many members of the BrewTubing (YouTube Homebrewing) community taking advantage of the great variety hops sold by yakimavalleyhops.com and using some of them in my own beers. I contacted Jeff, founder and co-owner of both the website and Yakima Valley Hop Shop and Brew Supply based out of Yakima, Washington and asked him if he’d be willing to film an interview over Skype. He responded with an enthusiastic Yes! and we set a time to film the interview. I had fun filming it with him and I hope you enjoy watching the final product all the same. Cheers!
Topics Covered Include:
- The history of YakimaValleyHops.com and Yakima Valley Hop Shop and Brew Supply.
- The growth of the Yakima Valley hop industry
- New and popular hop varietals in relation to current trends
- Importing international hops
- YakimaValleyHops.com New! resealable mylar foil bags. (video demonstration)
- 2014 “wet” hops
- Yakima Valley Fresh Hop Ale Festival
- YakimaValleyHops.com 2014 crop Hop Club
- The role of social media in the YVH’s growth
- Tips for homebrewers
- The SJ Porr Challenge 2014 global homebrewing competition
Jeff can be contacted at:
Company Phone: 208-649-4677