On Wednesday, December 17th I headed down to Blind Tiger Ale House for their annual Allagash Brewing Co. event featuring 14 of Allagash’s best beers. While there I had the opportunity to record a podcast interview with found Rob Tod. We spoke about the recent growth of his brewery in terms of size and amount of creative beers being produced along with many other topics that truly enhanced my appreciation of Allagash Brewing Company’s beers. Happy Holidays and cheers!
Note: Due to lack of a well lit spot inside and outside the bar I chose not to film this interview and post it strictly as a podcast episode. However, I did put together a version of it for YouTube where the podcast is accompanied by pictures that are related to the topics discussed. Click here to view that version.
Topics Discussed In This Podcast Episode:
- 7th annual Allagash Brewing Company event at Blind Tiger Ale House.
- Reflecting on 20 years of Allagash beers.
- Recent growth of both the brewery itself and the variety of innovative beers that its brewers have been brewing.
- Adding Allagash Saison to their year round line up.
- 10th Anniversary of Curieux.
- How many yeast strains are being used at Allagash on a regular basis?
- Growth of Allagash’s sour / wild ale barrel program and the growth in popularity of sour / wild beers amongst American craft beer drinkers.
- How do they decide which sour beers will end up being distributed (sold) beyond the brewery itself).
- Allagash Bourbon Black and their non-wild barrel aged beers.
- Allagash’s role as an influence for other Belgian focused US breweries.
- Methodical growth over time and focusing on the company’s core values.
- Growth in number of Belgian focused breweries opening up in the US.
- Good wishes and Cheers!