Time to wrap up my SJ Porr Challenge 2014 beer….In this week’s episode Homebrew Wednesday I give you an update on what I’ve been up to recently and then shoot you off to footage of me adding both sets of dry hops (“hop, hop…) to Self Righteous Wookey Black Rye IPA, bottling it, and then a close up of applying one of the labels that I printed to a bottle. (…hurray!). Cheers!
Topics Discussed In this Episode (other than Self Righteous Wookey):
1. Ups and downs of over priming my beers
2. Lamotte / John Palmer BrewLab water testing kits (also available from Northern Brewer)
3.5 lbs Beer Roast
Carrots, Celery, Onions, Fresh garlic
2 Bay Leaves
Olive Oil for sautéing
1 Beef Bullion Cube (dissolve in 2 cups of boiling water)
Seasonings (all eye-balled): Black Pepper, Cumin, Celery Salt, Caraway Seed, Coriander
20 oz Brewery Ommegang Abbey Ale
Optional: Russet or Sweet Potatoes
1. Saute veggies in dutch oven until they start to caramelize and remove to make room for step 2
2. Preheat oven to 350F
3. Brown (sear) with beef roast on all sides and add back veggies.
4. Add the seasonings, bay leaves, beer, bullion cube solution, and beer
5. Top off with water until there’s a 1/2 in of liquid above the roast.
6. Place in oven for 2 to 3 hours or until beef roast is fork tender.
7. Enjoy the leftover beer while you wait!